“Very friendly, helpful people.” – Deborah, 2016 Hyundai (September 2016)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I get a claim number?
- Are you open on Saturday?
- Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my car for repair?
- If my vehicle’s frame is damaged is the car a total loss?
- Can you match my car paint color?
- Can I get other work done on my car while it is in the body shop?
- How long will the repairs take?
- Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
- How can I get a rental car?
- How will I know when my car is done?
- Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
- Do I have to pay a deductible?
- Who do I pay a deductible to?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Can I have my car repaired wherever I want?
- Who should I use to tow my vehicle?
- Can I use Ellis & Salazar if you are not on my insurance company’s list of preferred providers?
- Why are you NOT on my insurance company’s preferred provider list?
- Will Ellis & Salazar process my insurance claim for me?
- Do I need to make an appointment for my FREE estimate?
- If my car is not drivable, how do I get it to Ellis & Salazar for an estimate?
- What kind of parts are going to be used on my vehicle?
- Do’s and Don’ts with your vehicle’s new paint
Claim numbers are issued by your insurance company at the time you report your accident. Just jot it down and bring it when you come in to begin the repair process, we will do the rest.
No, but we are open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Absolutely. We generally order your vehicle’s parts at the time that we write the estimate. Then we will schedule your vehicle for drop-off within a couple of days, unless your vehicle is found to be unsafe to drive. In the event your vehicle is not safe to drive we can help you arrange for a rental vehicle as soon as possible. Pre-ordering parts enables us to provide a quicker turn around time.
Parts & The Repair Process:
Not necessarily. This situation will be determined by the insurance company and type of vehicle involved. Your Service Writer can provide you with more detailed information. Most cars are now built using unibody (frame and body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians with the aid of our state of the art computer measuring system can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it’s determined that a section of the frame is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced. Estimates & Total Loss Claims:
Today’s modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. Ellis & Salazar has made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrades the technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle’s paint matches. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process.
Yes. Just let your Service Writer know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
It is different for every repair. Parts, insurance, and supplement delays can affect the actual delivery date of your vehicle. Your Service Writer can give you an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs. Be sure to check with your Service Writer for the specifics on your vehicle.
Yes, we will be happy to provide this service to you. We want each customer’s visit to be a positive experience and will work diligently toward that goal. We provide a pickup and delivery service.
If you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and verify your rental coverage limits.
Your Service Writer will contact you for pick up. Feel free to call or e-mail your Service Writer during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
Yes. We guarantee all repairs with a Nationwide Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Your insurance company will determine who is at fault and if you are responsible for paying a deductible. Your deductible amount was determined at the time you purchased your insurance coverage. Please contact your insurance company for your policy details.
If you are responsible for paying your deductible, you will pay it to Ellis & Salazar at the time of vehicle pick up.
Insurance checks (properly endorsed), Visa, Mastercard, Discover, personal checks, and cash.
Yes. You can choose any repair shop for your vehicle repairs. Your insurance company cannot demand you use a specific body shop. It is your right to choose the repair facility of your choice. Know Your Rights.
It is your choice who you use to tow your vehicle. Contact any of our locations and we would be happy to help you get your vehicle towed.
Yes, you can use the shop of your choice. We can and do work with all insurance companies.
Ellis & Salazar offers a Nationwide Limited Lifetime Warranty on all repairs, regardless of the insurance company involved. We work very hard to make sure we are doing the best thing for our growing company and our customers. Our relationships with different insurance companies are a work in a progress, striving to meet the needs of all involved.
Ellis & Salazar will work directly with your insurance company on your behalf.
It would be quicker and more convenient for you to set up an appointment for your estimate. You don’t HAVE to set up an appointment, but you run the risk of waiting, in the event your Service Writer is with someone who did set an appointment.
Please click the locations tab for towing details specific to that shop.
Your insurance company determines the type of parts used on your vehicle during the repair process. The different types of parts available include:
- OEM: New original equipment manufactured parts
- Reconditioned: A part, damaged in a previous collision, then refurbished for use
- After Market/Alternative: Non-OEM manufactured part
- LKQ/recycled: Used parts from salvage vehicles
- Please contact your insurance company to determine the type of parts YOUR insurance company will pay for in the event you need a repair.
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.